Dr. Zev Gershon, Partner
Dr. Zev Gershon, Esq., founding partner of Gershon, Willoughby and Getz, LLC has been recognized among the “Best Lawyers in America” and has been designated as one of the “Top Attorneys in Maryland” in Super Lawyer Magazine.
In addition to these prestigious designations, Dr. Gershon has received the highest peer reviewed rating (“AV Preeminent”) offered by Martindale-Hubbell for professional competence and ethics. Most recently he was named as a member of The National Trial Lawyers, a professional organization composed of premier trial lawyers from across the country who exemplify superior qualifications as civil malpractice trial lawyer. This organization is limited to 100 members nationally.
As a Doctor/Attorney, Dr. Gershon has recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his clients. These include:
- $24 Million jury verdict on behalf of a child who suffered severe and permanent brain damage due to a health care providers’ mismanagement of an obstruction in the upper airway. The largest malpractice verdict in Washington D.C. at the time it was awarded;
- $10.8 Million jury verdict for a child with cerebral palsy and mental retardation caused by medical negligence during labor and delivery;
- $7.4 Million settlement for a brain damaged baby which resulted from a delay in delivering a mother experiencing a placental abruption;
- $6 Million recovery for a child who suffered cerebral palsy because of labor and delivery malpractice;
- $5.5 Million recovery for a man who was rendered quadriplegic and suffered brain damage because of anesthesia malpractice;
- $5.5 Million settlement for a child born with severe brain damage that should have been diagnosed prenatally;
- $5 Million settlement for a child who suffered cerebral palsy due to a delay in delivery;
- $4 Million settlement for a baby who suffered cerebral palsy and brain damage because a midwife failed to call the doctor in time.*
Dr. Gershon is a graduate of the University of Maryland (B.S. 1981-cum laude), University of Maryland School of Medicine (M.D. – 1986) and University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D. – 1989). He is member of the Maryland State Bar, the Bar of the District of Columbia, and the Bar of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland. In addition, he is a Fellow of the College of Legal Medicine.Dr. Gershon lectures locally and nationally on the topic of obstetrical negligence.
“Timing brain damage in birth injury case”, an article written by Dr. Gershon, appeared in Trial Magazine (the Journal of the American Association for Justice), in May, 2006.
*Because the facts of each case are unique, past results are not a guarantee as to the outcome in any future case.