Some of Dr. Getz’s recoveries include:
- $6 Million for a man who was rendered quadriplegic from an improperly performed procedure and a delayed diagnosis of post-procedure infection;
- $5.25 Million recovery for a child who suffered cerebral palsy because of labor and delivery malpractice;
- $3 Million settlement for a baby born with cerebral palsy and mental retardation due to a delay in delivery;
- $2.9 Million for another child who suffered hypoxic ischemic injury at birth;
- $2.25 Million for a patient who suffered a stroke from a blood disorder that his doctors negligently failed to diagnose and treat;
- $1.6 Million for a below-the-knee amputation caused by negligent foot surgery.*
Dr. Getz is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University (B.A. – 1985), University of Maryland School of Medicine (M.D.–1989), California Western School of Law (J.D. – 1992) He is a member of the Maryland Bar and a Fellow of the College of Legal Medicine.
Active in the community, Dr. Getz serves on the Board of Trustees for Johns Hopkins Hillel and previously served on the board for the Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore, the House of Ruth (a domestic violence center protecting women and children) and the Harford Day School .
* Because the facts of each case are unique, past results are not a guarantee as to the outcome in any future case.